Shoulder Pain Treatment
About Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain is a surprisingly common condition, so our therapists can give you excellent shoulder pain treatments in our Farnham clinic.
In the last week, over 100 people have searched for "shoulder pain treatment near me". And research has found that up to 67% of the population will experience some form of shoulder pain at some stage of their life - and this number is only going up.
Whether you have shoulder pain when lifting your arm or when you're swinging a golf club, our therapists are extremely competent at providing excellent treatment.
Two of the reasons shoulder pain is so common are:
- The shoulder is about the most complicated joint in the body!
- Its design makes it inherently quite unstable (a shallow socket for the ball to sit in - very much like a golf ball balanced on a tee!)
Common Causes Of Shoulder Pain
There are a number of problems that cause pain in the shoulder.
- In a collision, heavy fall or impact playing sport the shoulder joint can dislocate or fracture
- Long term, degenerative conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis can cause shoulder pain
- The most common shoulder condition are impingements and this is where a muscle, tendon, ligament or nerve gets compressed or restricted within the shoulder joint.
Shoulder pain physio treatment can be tricky, due to the joint’s complexity.
In other words, there are many shoulder conditions that can cause pain, so shoulder pain physiotherapy requires a thorough examination to assess your specific issue.
First Time Guests
Frequently Asked Questions
The length of each physio stage will depend on the type of injury you have. Our brilliant physiotherapists will set you a bespoke Lake Therapy Care plan to suit your needs when you start with us so that you know how long the process will be.
Physiotherapy helps with a wide range of conditions, including back pain, headaches, neck pain and many more. You can visit our Services page for more information.
Lake Therapy is proud to have a team of 6 physiotherapists and sports therapists who have excellent certifications in various therapies and sports massage.
We will check with your health insurance provider to determine if outpatient physical therapy services are covered under your plan. We recommend that you confirm your insurance coverage.
We have a 24hr free cancellation policy. You can cancel any of your appointments before this time without penalty by calling the front desk at 01252 449 458.
Ask us a Question
Feel free to ask any physical therapy related questions over the phone, or get send your question via this form below. Your message will be dispatched directly to our staff who will answer as soon as they can.